Saturday, August 3, 2013

Crunch Week

Image Credit: http://red89.cghub.com/
 I am besieged.  I grit my teeth within a fortress whose walls are made of the will to succeed, as an unruly horde of excuses, fatigue, distractions, and life's obstacle batter at my redoubt.  The hard stone cracks and chips, but does not crumble.  Within this fortress, I forge my greatest weapon against these curs who dare oppose me in my place of puissance: artwork of which I am proud.

To put it in less florid language, it's Crunch Week!  My last class sessions of the Summer semester are Monday and Tuesday of next week, and that is when I have no less than three huge assignments due.  The bad news is that this level of assignment load has kept me from posting here as often as I'd like.  The good news is that I get to show you what I'm working on.  One of the assignments is the research paper I mentioned in a previous post, and I will be posting a link to that on Tuesday.  The other two are a portrait and a Still life, with In Progress shots below:

Willem Dafoe!  This is just a few hours' work.


Don't worry, the drawing isn't crooked, I just took a bad picture.
I really can't emphasize enough how much I'm growing as a result of this experience.  It makes me feel like that version of myself that I've always thought, but not quite known, was lying within is finally within my reach.

I'll post all the finished products on Tuesday, and after that, GRADES!

Speaking of grades, I did some research and found out that the minimum GPA for honors at this school is 3.7.  Given how hard it is to get A's, I am going to be working crazy hard over the next few years.  Crazy.  Hard.

More to come.  Robin out.

No comments:

Post a Comment